- This event has passed.
Medicare Enrollment Update for 2019
August 6 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm MDT
Enrolling with the Medicare program involves the various CMS-855 forms. There are now eight different forms that must be used by different providers of healthcare services or products. These forms are long, detailed and sometimes confusing. Not only must they be filed initially for each given provider, they must be maintained and updated as appropriate. Due to the increasing complexity of healthcare delivery systems, providers (such as integrated delivery systems or large multi-specialty clinics) may have to maintain hundreds of these forms.
The Medicare program uses a revalidation process to periodically require all healthcare providers to resubmit their various 855 forms in order to assure that compliance is being maintained. Over time the use and guidance for the enrollment process continues to morph even though there is no change in guidance. This occurs through interpretations and clarifying guidance.
At the completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the Medicare enrollment process through the use of various CMS-855 forms.
- Identify changes to the CMS-855 forms and/or changes in interpretations of the forms.
- Discuss the revalidation process for the various CMS-855 forms.
- Examine organizational structuring changes with provider-based clinics.
- Discuss the purpose and use of the seven different CMS-855 forms along with the new CMS-855-POH and CMS-20134.
- Define the concept of opt-out physicians and practitioners.
- Prepare for anticipated changes for maintaining billing privileges with Medicare.
- Discuss how the Medicare Advantage programs (Part C) fir into the CMS-855 forms.
Claims personnel, coding and billing personnel, finance staff, accreditation and licensing, physicians, non-physician practitioners, and cost report personnel and other employees interested in billing privileges with the Medicare program.
Duane Abbey, PhD, CFP, Management Consultant and President, Abbey & Abbey Consultants
Dr. Abbey has provided health care consulting services to hospitals, physicians, and medical clinics for more than two decades.
His focus is in the areas of compliance, payment and delivery systems. In addition to consulting, he is an invited presenter for hospital associations, medical societies and other professional groups. Dr. Abbey is an established health care author.
July 30; 5:00 p.m. MDT | Registration fees are for one (1) connection.