- This event has passed.
Toolkit for Managing Employee Retention
August 8, 2019 @ 8:30 am - 10:00 am MDT
Most companies see retention as a key strategic imperative, but less than half have a specific retention plan. Unfortunately, most retention efforts are too general, are expensive, and have little positive impact on turnover.
Stay/retention interviews offer a specific, targeted, and effective solution to the turnover problem. Rather than throwing money at the problem, this tactic gets at the source of retention issues by determining why each employee is likely to stay or leave and then develops an effective plan to retain valuable employees.
This webinar provides specific and useable tools for conducting stay interviews in your company. The core of the toolkit is actual interview questions in key areas. This process leads to a plan of action that increases the probability of retaining valuable employees. The Retention Toolkit gets at the source of the problem and allows managers and employees to work collaboratively to create a realistic plan of action.
- Supervisor’s pre-interview form to set the stage for the interview.
- Staff retention interview questionnaire.
- Retention Interview Form with specific questions in 10 key areas, including an individualized retention plan for each employee.
- Retention tracking form.
At the conclusion of this session, participants will be able to:
- Identify the specific steps for conducting an effective retention interview.
- Explain why stay interviews are a proven method of decreasing turnover and increasing retention.
- Discuss why turnover across the country has increased and why it has resulted in increased costs and reduced company effectiveness.
- Explain why stay interviews have the benefit of increasing employee motivation, engagement, development, and empowerment.
- Describe why retention interviews offer a targeted process for focusing retention efforts on high-impact employees.
Managers, supervisors, directors and emerging leaders that are responsible for employee turnover and retention, human resources leadership, and employee development.
Wes Pruett, Owner, HR Advisors, LLC
Wes Pruett works with small and mid-size companies who want to align their business and employees to create successful outcomes and excellent work environments. He supports companies with a wide variety of HR issues, including performance management, handbook and policy development, and compliance.
Wes also coaches leaders and frequently uses the DiSC profile system to facilitate leadership and employee training related to communication, teamwork and other workplace challenges.
The speaker has no real or perceived conflicts of interest that relate to this presentation.
August 1; 5:00 p.m. MDT | Registration fees are for one (1) connection.