- This event has passed.
Trending Workplace Issues for 2019 and Beyond
April 9 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm MDT$160 – $320
From the #MeToo movement to a growing emphasis on paid leave and the changing landscape on medical and recreational marijuana in many states, “Ban the Box” laws and so much more, HR managers have a full plate. Employment law is so nuanced, and sometimes complex, that even the most well-intentioned employer can unwittingly slip up. Those slip-ups can be very costly. This does not have to be the case!
This webinar identifies and discusses employment law issues that will pose the biggest challenges in the coming year and provides some tips on how to address them.
- Describe what employers need to do to have a safe workplace.
- Discuss the rights of LGBT employees under the Title VII federal law.
- Identify employer safety obligations with regard to the opioid crisis and legalization of medical marijuana.
- List any changes in overtime exemptions.
- Define who is or is not a joint employer.
Managers at all levels, HR professionals, benefit administrators, senior managers, physicians, nurses, nurse educators and others interested in current workplace trends.
Janette Frisch is an attorney with more than 20 years’ legal experience. She works with employers on employment law issues to ensure that they are in the best position possible to avoid litigation, audits and employee relations problems. She has written articles on several employment law issues for various publications, including EEO Insight, Staffing Industry Review an @Law.
April 2, 5:00 p.m. MDT