- This event has passed.
Reviewing and Updating Your Chargemaster for CY 2020
November 5 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm MST
The chargemaster is a linchpin within the overall revenue cycle; therefore, it is necessary to keep it up-to-date on reimbursement processes and proper compliance. The chargemaster is a direct and indirect target of compliance for both governmental programs and third-part payers.
As you will learn in this session, chargemasters are complex and can be organized in different ways. Adding to the complexity is the continuing controversy over hospital pricing. A carefully crafted systematic process is necessary to audit a chargemaster to ensure various concerns are met. The chargemaster must also be organized in a way to help hospitals remain financially viable.
At the completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the chargemaster as a financial tool.
- Evaluate all revenue costs and CPT/HCPCS codes to ensure they are up-to-date and are being properly reported.
- Discuss the many compliance concerns surrounding the chargemaster, including statutory compliance development of pricing and charges.
- Identify the different requirements made by various third party payers for coding, billing and the chargemaster.
- Identify steps the chargemaster coordinator can take to improve the chargemaster.
Health care compliance personnel, billing and claims personnel, patient financial management, cost and accounting personnel, cost report personnel, financial analysts and planners, managed care contract personnel, and hospital chargemaster coordinators. Other staff who may want to attend include CFOs, chief compliance officers and all others interested in pricing.
Duane Abbey, PhD, CFP, Management Consultant and President, Abbey & Abbey Consultants
Dr. Abbey has provided health care consulting services to hospitals, physicians, and medical clinics for more than two decades.
His focus is in the areas of compliance, payment and delivery systems. In addition to consulting, he is an invited presenter for hospital associations, medical societies and other professional groups. Dr. Abbey is an established health care author.
The speaker has no real or perceived conflicts of interest that relate to this presentation.
Registration Deadline: October 29; 5:00 p.m. MT | Registration fees are for one (1) connection.