- This event has passed.
2021 ID Chapter of ACHE Virtual Face-to-Face Education
March 11 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm MST$25 – $35
Key State Health Legislative Issues Facing Leaders –
Impact of Medicaid Expansion in Idaho
Numerous public policy and legislative issues around healthcare delivery and public health affect healthcare organizations and demand involvement of their leaders to respond and adjust organizational policies and procedures. These issues often relate to improving population health, access and coverage through Medicaid and other programs, improving value, addressing consumer issues and workforce shortages, and more. Recent changes to Medicaid in the State of Idaho are having a direct impact on these issues. Learning these issues and being involved in policy and organizational responses is important for healthcare leaders, regardless of how directly they may be involved.
- Discuss the state of Medicaid in Idaho – expansion, funding, waivers, managed care, reimbursement, etc.
- Review access and coverage changes – eligibility expansion, uninsured individuals, etc.
- Describe the impact of Medicaid expansion on population health and state and community health status
- Other impacts Medicaid expansion has had, and will have, on the State of Idaho
- Moderator: Larry Tisdale, VP of Finance and CFO, Idaho Hospital Association
- Panelist: Lori Wolff, Deputy Directory, Idaho Department of Health and Welfare
- Panelist: Jim Johnston, Regional VP – Managed Government Programs, HCA Healthcare Corporate
This program has been developed and is presented locally by the Idaho Healthcare Executive Forum. The American College of Healthcare Executives has awarded 1.5 ACHE Face-to-Face Education Credits for this program.
Registrants will receive an email invite from Roger Winslow which will include connection information, as well as an evaluation form to be completed and returned.
Please direct questions on this event to: